What are the possible side effects of opium preparation (Opium Deodorized, Paregoric)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- severe constipation, bloating, stomach cramps;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- weak or shallow breathing; or
- seizure (convulsions).
Less serious side effects may include:
Read All Potential Side Effects and See Pictures of Paregoric »