What are the possible side effects of eculizumab (Soliris)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- severe headache with fever, confusion, purple spots on the skin, nausea or vomiting, and/or seizure (convulsions);
- stiffness in your neck or back;
- sensitivity to bright light;
- high fever (103 degrees or higher), chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- pain or burning when you urinate;
- any signs of a new illness...
Read All Potential Side Effects and See Pictures of Soliris »
What are the precautions when taking eculizumab (Soliris)?
Before using eculizumab, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
This medication should not be used if you have certain medical conditions. Before using this medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have: current meningitis or other infection caused by the bacteria Neisseria meningitidis, no vaccination for meningitis.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: current/recent infection.
Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist that you are using this medication.
Do not have...
Read All Potential Precautions of Soliris »