What are the possible side effects of estazolam (Prosom)?
Stop using estazolam and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- weak or shallow breathing;
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- confusion, slurred speech, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- hallucinations, agitation, aggression;
- thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- problems with urination; or
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of...
Read All Potential Side Effects and See Pictures of Prosom »
What are the precautions when taking estazolam (Prosom)?
Before taking estazolam, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to similar medications (e.g., lorazepam, diazepam); or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease, kidney disease, mental/mood problems (e.g., depression, panic disorder), lung problems (e.g., pulmonary insufficiency, sleep apnea), seizures, personal or family history of regular use/abuse of drugs/alcohol/other substances.
This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy or cause temporary blurred vision. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that...
Read All Potential Precautions of Prosom »