What are the possible side effects of eszopiclone (Lunesta)?
Stop using eszopiclone and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- aggression, agitation, changes in behavior;
- thoughts of hurting yourself; or
- hallucinations (hearing or seeing things).
Less serious side effects may include:
- day-time drowsiness, dizziness, "hangover" feeling;
- problems with memory or concentration;
- anxiety, depression, nervous feeling;
- nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, constipation;
- dry mouth;
- unusual or unpleasant taste in your...
Read All Potential Side Effects and See Pictures of Lunesta »
What are the precautions when taking eszopiclone (Lunesta)?
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
This medication should not be used if you have certain medical conditions. Before using this medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have: intoxication with medications that depress the nervous system or your breathing (CNS/respiratory depressants such as alcohol or tranquilizers/sedatives).
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease, lung diseases (e.g., chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, sleep apnea), mental/mood problems...
Read All Potential Precautions of Lunesta »