What are the possible side effects of dronedarone (Multaq)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;
- slow heart rate, feeling like you might pass out;
- a new or a worsening irregular heartbeat pattern;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion, swelling in your ankles or feet, rapid weight gain;
- wheezing, cough, chest pain, trouble breathing, coughing...
Read All Potential Side Effects and See Pictures of Multaq »
What are the precautions when taking dronedarone tablets (Multaq)?
See also Warning section.
Before taking dronedarone, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease, certain types of irregular heartbeat (sick sinus syndrome, second- or third-degree atrioventricular block), serious side effects (such as liver/lung disease) from taking the medication amiodarone.
Dronedarone may cause a condition that affects the heart rhythm (QT prolongation). QT prolongation can infrequently result in serious (rarely fatal) fast/irregular heartbeat...
Read All Potential Precautions of Multaq »