MultiHance injection is supplied as a sterile, nonpyrogenic,
clear, colorless, aqueous solution intended for intravenous use only. Each mL
of MultiHance contains 529 mg gadobenate dimeglumine and water for injection.
MultiHance contains no preservatives.
Gadobenate dimeglumine is chemically designated as
gadolinate(2-) dihydrogen compound with 1- deoxy-1-(methylamino)-D-glucitol
(1:2) with a molecular weight of 1058.2 and an empirical formula of C22H28GdN3O11
• 2C7H17NO5. The structural formula is as
MULTIHANCE has a pH of 6.5-7.5. Pertinent physicochemical
parameters are provided below:
||1.970 osmol/kg @ 37°C
||5.3 mPas @ 37°C
||1.220 g/mL @ 20°C
MULTIHANCE has an osmolality 6.9 times that of plasma (285
mOsmol/kg water) and is hypertonic under conditions of use.
What are the possible side effects of gadobenate dimeglumine (Multihance)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- drowsiness, confusion, mood changes, increased thirst, loss of appetite;
- swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath;
- seizure (convulsions);
- fast, uneven heart rate; or
- pain, burning, swelling, blistering, or skin changes where the injection was...
Read All Potential Side Effects and See Pictures of MultiHance »
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/12/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.