What are the possible side effects of pentamidine (Nebupent, Pentam 300)?
Side effects with pentamidine are not common. Serious side effects include:
- an allergic reaction (shortness of breath; closing of the throat; hives; swelling of the lips, face, or tongue; rash; or fainting);
- blurred vision;
- chest pain or irregular heart beat;
- difficulty breathing;
- dizziness, confusion, fainting spells or excessive tiredness;
- drastic appetite changes;
- pain or irritation at the injection site;
- mouth ulcers or irritations;
- severe stomach pain;
- bleeding or bruising;
Read All Potential Side Effects and See Pictures of Nebupent »
What are the precautions when taking pentamidine isethionate (Nebupent)?
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor, respiratory therapist, or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: bleeding/blood disorders, breathing problems (such as asthma), diabetes, kidney disease, liver problems, smoking.
This drug may make you dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
Pentamidine may cause a condition that affects the heart rhythm (QT prolongation). QT prolongation can...
Read All Potential Precautions of Nebupent »