What are the possible side effects of BCG (TheraCys, Tice BCG Vaccine)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- fever, chills, cough, body aches, joint pain, weakness, vomiting, or other flu symptoms;
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes);
- pain or burning when you urinate;
- difficult urination;
- more frequent or urgent urinating;
- blood in your urine, lower back pain;
- pain or swelling in your testicles;
- easy bruising or...
Read All Potential Side Effects and See Pictures of Theracys »
What are the precautions when taking bcg live (intravesical) (Theracys)?
Before receiving this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients (such as latex), which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
This medication should not be used if you have certain medical conditions. Before using this medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have: immune system problems (e.g., HIV, certain cancers such as leukemia/lymphoma), radiation treatment, current infection/fever (e.g., bladder infection, active tuberculosis), injury/procedure in the bladder within the last 7 days (e.g., catheterization, biopsy, signs of bloody urine).
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist...
Read All Potential Precautions of Theracys »